Monday, April 6, 2015

Our First Quilt Piece

Today my heart was touched so much I cried.  Today Tim and I received our first quilt piece from the speech teacher at the school where I work.  It was such a moment for me when she came down the hall and explained the fabric that she purchased.  The time and thought that went into her decision really touched my heart.  It was so wonderful to receive and I can't thank her enough for this thoughtful gesture.

The picture below shows the fabric and letter Angie gave us.  She told me that she knew she wanted to get a fabric that was soft for the baby to touch and that maybe it would be the baby's favorite spot on the quilt because it is so soft and cuddly.  She said that she went to the fabric store and told the lady behind the counter that she didn't know what she was doing but she needed a soft fabric for a baby quilt.  The lady right away pulled at the white version of the fabric.  She asked if there were other colors and decided to pick the green because it was one of her favorite colors (which is also my favorite color) and because green is lucky and she wanted to the piece to be lucky.  The saying that she gave at well related to luck, too.

I feel lucky to have such wonderful people in my life.  Thank you Angie for this perfect baby gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment