Friday, July 3, 2015

Church Camp

Last week I went to church camp for a week.  I LOVE church camp.  I have gone to church camp since I was coming out of 4th grade and have only missed one year.  As soon as I could start counseling the camp I attended I came back as a counselor. This year we had such a wonderful group of young teens we couldn't have asked for a better group!  It is so wonderful to see all the kids have their hearts filled with the Holy Spirit as they work and grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ as the week plays out.  There was especially a group of older campers who really touched my heart this year.  They were great role models for the younger and newer campers and took it upon themselves to make sure that everyone felt involved, included, and important.  There were many times when I wanted to cry at the amazing site of God's love working through these campers.  There was even an instance when a camper came up to me with a genuine apology and boy did that tug at my heart strings.  It takes a lot of gumption to be able to take ownership and to take the step to apologize, even when it was something silly like having a cell phone.  I will really miss those older campers but I can't wait for next year to see the new leaders step into their roles.

Thank you campers and counselors for such a wonderful week at camp!


No comments:

Post a Comment