Wednesday, May 20, 2015

A Day of Joy and Hope

Yesterday was a wonderful day of joy and hope.  The day began with a wonderful teaching moment.  I was leveling one of my lowest students to see what his end of year reading level would be.  He worked very hard and had to read about 5 books before we were able to stop and figure out his level because he made so much growth.  I was so proud of his hard work and he was even more proud of himself.  About 5 minutes later he came up to me with a book and announced, "I can read all the words in this book.  Want to hear?"  What a precious moment.  This boy who does not enjoy reading was so proud of himself and and finally felt the confidence in his own reading ability to voluntarily read another book.  This moment filled my heart with joy.

Later in the day I received a wonderful surprise from my husband.  At lunch I was delivered a beautiful bouquet of purple and pink roses.  They were the most stunning color!  The note explained that he just sent them to let me know he was thinking of me and to give me a smile to get through the rest of the school year.  He is so thoughtful and loving... and the flowers smell and look amazing!






That night Tim and I also received a package in the mail.  Last Christmas his parents bought us garden rocks with our names on them and one for our puppy Sherlock.  The new package contained a new small rock with the word "hope."  She explained that it was to represent the future Baby Deets in our rock garden family.



I don't know why I am so blessed because I don't deserve all these wonderful people in my life but I certainly wouldn't trade them for anything else.  I thank God every day for the love and joy that I experience and see.  Thank you to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment