Tuesday, May 12, 2015

"Mother's" Day



Mother's Day surprised me this year.  I didn't think it would affect me at all but it did.  I became irritated and sad whenever I went into a store and saw all the Mother's Day stuff, as if it was taunting me and saying "haha, you're not a mom."  I was really put down but I bounced back quickly, and here's why...

What was really sweet was that on Mother's Day was I woke up to a text from my dear friend Laura wishing ME a Happy Mother's Day and said how Baby Deets was lucky to have me for a mommy.  Later I also received a return text with a very similar sentiment.  I know that I don't physically have a baby and I am not technically a mom yet but in my heart I am a mom.  I am a mother to the unborn baby that is developing and being loved in my heart everyday.

What was also sweet was to come home from my trip to see the Mother's Day flower my husband picked up for me from church that morning.  At my church they recognize every woman on Mother's Day which is wonderful by itself, but what was even more wonderful was that my husband thought to bring one home for me even though I wasn't there.  
 
Even though Baby Deets is still a thought, a prayer, and a wish, it was so nice to hear sweet words and sentiments and to be recognized as a mother-in-waiting.   I can't wait till the day that I will honestly be the mother for Mother's Day but for now, I will hold and cherish this Mother's Day in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment