Friday, May 29, 2015

My Ray of 'Sunshine'

This morning I woke up with a heavy heart.  I was very discouraged and started to feel said about the fact that we still do not have a baby to call our own.  Even though it seems like God has laid things out for us so many times for things in life in general, nothing seems to work out the way it seems like they would.  I tried to go to school and celebrate the last day with my students with an open mind but I struggled being positive.  When I got to school today though things changed.  After going to the basement to finally put away my classroom Christmas tree, I came back to my classroom to see a green gift bag on my desk.  Being the last day of school I assumed it was an early delivery from one of my students. I was wrong.  In the bag was another piece of fabric, bright yellow fabric, with a wonderful message about how the yellow was chosen because it was like sunshine and how she used to sing "You are My Sunshine" to her girls when they were young.  It was just what I needed.  Hope.  It was a sign of hope that even though things didn't seem to be working out how I thought they would, someday it will.  The fabric touched my heart and brightened my day.  It was my own personal ray of sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment